The following terms and conditions shall form part of any contract concluded between Gazelle Office Furniture Ltd, thereafter called ‘Gazelle’ and the Purchaser. Such contract shall be deemed to incorporate the conditions set out below to the exclusion of the Purchasers or any other conditions whatever the source.
1) Prices – All quotations are made and orders accepted on the basis that goods/services will be charged at the price ruling on the date of delivery. All prices are subject to carriage and VAT at the rate applicable at the invoice date. Gazelle reserves the right to vary its prices without notice to the Purchaser.
2) Credit Facilities – Gazelle reserves the right to refuse the order, to delay execution of the order, to request payment in part or in full prior to execution of the order or to cancel any Contract entered into with the Purchaser prior to commencement of deliveries to the Purchaser if Gazelle’s normal enquires indicate that the Purchasers credit may not be sufficient to meet the needs of the Contract. The Purchaser will if requested by Gazelle take any reasonable steps to satisfy Gazelle prior to execution of the order as to its credit worthiness such as the provision of trade and bankers references. When Gazelle is satisfied with its enquiries a Credit Account may be allocated to the Purchaser at Gazelle’s discretion.
3) Payment – All cheques should be made payable to Gazelle Office Furniture ltd, and crossed account payee only. If paying by BACS or other means please contact Gazelle for details. All prices are subject to VAT at the standard rate.
A) Payment Terms without a Credit Account Facility – payment is due in full upon collection by or delivery to the Purchaser. Full payment or a deposit may be requested by Gazelle prior to acceptance of an order.
B) Payment Terms with a Credit Account Facility – Payment is required within 30 days of invoice date unless otherwise agreed in writing between Gazelle and the Purchaser. Prompt payment is a condition precedent to future deliveries. If the Purchaser fails to pay any invoice by the due date then without prejudice to its other rights (including the right to withhold delivery of future instalments of an order) Gazelle shall be entitled to interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 2% over Bank Rate per month ruling at the time the debt is overdue. Interest will be chargeable to all overdue amounts from the date that the debt becomes overdue until the date payment is received in full.
4) Titles to Goods Supplied – All products sold to the Purchaser will remain the property of Gazelle until such times as the appropriate invoice has been paid in full.
5) Default, Insolvency, Bankruptcy etc of Purchaser – If debts from the Purchaser to Gazelle shall become overdue or if the Purchaser shall make default in or commit breach of the Contract or of any other of his obligations to Gazelle or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon the Purchaser’s property or assets or if the Purchaser shall make or offer to make arrangements or composition with Creditors or commit any act of Bankruptcy or if any Petition or Receiving Order in Bankruptcy shall be presented or made against him or if the Purchaser is a Limited Company and any Resolution or Petition to wind up such company’s business (other than for the purpose of amalgamation) shall be passed or presented or if a Receiver of such company’s undertakings, Property or Assets or any part thereof shall be appointed to Gazelle shall have the right forthwith to determine any contract then subsisting and upon written notice of such determination being posted to the Purchaser’s last known address any subsisting contracts shall be deemed to have been determined without prejudice to any claim or the right Gazelle may otherwise make or exercise.
6) Delivery – Gazelle shall endeavour to deliver goods or supply services by the date quoted at the time of acceptance or order. Such delivery quotations shall be treated as approximate only and not as terms of the Contract. Gazelle shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or expense, either direct or indirect and including but not limited to loss of profit or liability to third parties which may be suffered by the Purchaser by reason of late delivery of the goods from whatsoever cause such late delivery may arise. If for any reason the Purchaser is unable to accept delivery of the goods at the time when the goods are due for delivery Gazelle shall if its storage facilities permit store the goods and the Purchaser shall be liable to Gazelle for the reasonable cost (including insurance) of its so doing. This provision shall be without prejudice to any other claim which Gazelle may have in respect of the Purchasers failure to take delivery at the appropriate date.
7) Risk and Damage In Transit -
A) In the event that goods are to be delivered by Gazelle then the risk therein shall pass to the Purchaser at the point in time when the goods are unloaded from Gazelle’s vehicle;
B) In the event that the goods are collected by the Purchaser from Gazelle’s premises the risk therein shall pass to the Purchaser when the goods are physically handed over to the Purchaser, his carrier or other agent;
C) No claim for loss or damage in transit will be considered unless Gazelle (in writing) receives such claim within 7 days of the date of delivery. If a claim is established the liability of Gazelle will be limited to replacing or repairing the missing or damaged product or at the option refunding the Purchase Price.
8 ) Return of Goods -
A) The return of goods delivered or collected to or by a Purchaser will not be allowed without prior agreement with Gazelle. Goods are not supplied on a ‘sale or return’ or ‘try before you buy’ basis and it is a condition of sale that Gazelle has an exclusive right to refuse the return of the goods if in Gazelle’s judgement the reason for the return is unreasonable. This condition in no way affects Gazelle’s title to goods until time of discharge of debt;
B) Any application to return goods must be made by the Purchaser within 7 days of the delivery date. NO application to return goods will be considered outside that limit; C) Gazelle reserves the right to charge a handling fee of at least 15% on the value of any goods returned.
9) Cancellation of Orders – Cancellation of orders for goods or services by the Purchaser will only be accepted if received in writing PRIOR to delivery by Gazelle. In the case of items specifically manufactured for the Purchaser any cancellation once the Purchasers order has been put into process will automatically incur a liability for any materials, labour costs, expenses and other related charges applicable to that order from the start of the process to the stage reached at the time of cancellation.
10) Force Majeure – The due performance of the contract is subject to cancellation or variation by Gazelle as a result of any Act of God, War, Riots or Civil Disturbance, Strike, Lock Out or other Dispute, Fire, Flood, Drought or Accident, Legislation, Requisitioning or other Act of Order by any Government dept, Council or any other Duly Constituted Authority or of any other clause (whether of the foregoing clauses or not) beyond Gazelle’s control. In such event no liability shall attach to Gazelle by reason or cancellation or variation of any Contract.
11) Variation of Terms – Any variation of the Terms and Conditions of any contract shall become binding only if confirmed in writing by Gazelle and the Purchaser.
12) Effect of Legislation – If any of these conditions or any part of these conditions is rendered void by any legislation to which it is subject, the Contract shall be void to that extent only.
Specific Terms and Conditions of Hire
1) All equipment remains the property of Gazelle Office Furniture, hereinafter known as ‘Gazelle’.
2) Hire period -
A) The hire period commences from the date quoted;
B) Gazelle must be informed immediately of any extension in the hire period and the hirer shall be charged extra accordingly;
C) The hire period ends on the date originally quoted, unless the hire is ongoing, in which case a minimum notice of 7 days is required, or a charge will be made for 7 days in lieu of notice.
3) Invoicing & Payment -
A) Full or part payment prior to delivery may be requested by Gazelle and can, at the option of Gazelle be used towards any monies due from the hirer to Gazelle;
B) All ongoing hire contracts will be invoiced at monthly intervals. Payment is required within 30 days of invoice date unless otherwise agreed;
C) All cheques should be made payable to Gazelle Office Furniture ltd, and crossed account payee only. If paying by BACS or other means please contact Gazelle for details;
D) All prices are subject to VAT at the standard rate; E) In the event of cancelled forward bookings, 50% of the lost hire charges will be payable by the hirer to Gazelle.
4) Delivery & Collection -
A) The hire is deemed to require 1 delivery & 1 collection regardless of the hire period. Additional deliveries/collections within the hire period will incur additional charges;
B) Gazelle will make every endeavour to affect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer. Removal will be effected as soon as possible, but all equipment cannot be collected immediately after use from all sites. Hire charges do not include attendance or the services of watchmen, and the safe custody of equipment will be the hirer’s responsibility until it is collected;
C) It is the duty of the hirer to provide at such destination or site, a duly authorised representative to accept the equipment and to sign the delivery note;
D) The quotation is based on the assumption that the site is served with a firm access road to the place of loading and unloading. Also the goods will be delivered and collected to the ground floor, street level only, unless otherwise quoted for. The hirer is solely responsible for all damages caused to the surface and cultivations of the site if the above is not so. If any extra costs are incurred due to the above not being so, then this will be passed onto the hirer;
E) Unless otherwise quoted for Gazelle does not set out or erect any equipment;
F) Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address unless otherwise agreed. Any extra expenses incurred where subsequent journeys are made necessary will be charged accordingly;
G) Gazelle will accept no equipment other than that which has been hired and specified on the collection note. Any goods that do not belong to Gazelle will be held for 28 days after which Gazelle reserves the right to dispose of it;
H) Any persons, not the hirer, who signs the collection note, must be authorised to do so by the hirer;
I) The hiring shall be deemed to continue until the goods are made available to Gazelle, or returned to their possession.
5) Insurance & Additional Charges -
A) The hirer shall at all times be responsible for insuring the goods, from the time of acceptance of the equipment until the time it is returned and accepted back into the possession of Gazelle;
B)Gazelle shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from the use of any equipment under hire;
C) Shortages, breakages and damage to equipment and/or packaging will be charged for according to Gazelle’s standard rate applicable at the time of hire;
D) All furniture and equipment must be returned in a clean and re usable condition. In the event of the equipment being returned unclean, an extra charge will be made to cover the cost of labour and materials needed to return it to a serviceable condition;
E) Gazelle reserves the right to alter or amend the style or colour of the hire equipment supplied which will be subject to availability and to the manufacturers alterations.
Delivery and Installation
Gazelle Office Furniture ltd provide a delivery and installation service on all our New and Used Office Furniture. This is competitively priced and carried out by our trained, professional installation team. Our delivery cost's are based on the postcode of the delivery address and added to the basket when postcode delivery is selected. Below is a list of the postcode charges. We offer a delivery service between one and ten working days on all used products in stock, Our new and contract ranges of furniture may vary dependent on manufacturer lead times. If you wish to enquire about lead times of certain products to ensure the delivery time of your product is correct, please contact us by telephone or e-mail in which we would be more than happy to contact a manufacturer regarding stock and availability. Hire delivery charges vary from hire agreement to hire agreement and will be quoted at the time of enquiry.
All furniture from our express range is delivered anywhere in the U.K (Mainland) free of charge. These items are delivered flat pack for self assembly and cannot be mixed with any other furniture on our website unless otherwise stated.
If you require delivery to a postcode not listed below then please contact us for a quotatation.
Postcode delivery cost’s excluding vat at 20%.
All Used furniture deliveries are delivered to the ground floor entrance unless prior arrangement has been agreed with Gazelle.
All Used furniture deliveries are carried out within 1 – 10 working days.
We are able to deliver and Install office furniture Natiowide with Bath, Chippenham, Swindon, Exeter and the south coast being on a more regular basis. Please contact us for further information.
At Gazelle Office Furniture ltd, we offer an efficient way of responsibly taking away your old furniture to be recycled or disposed of appropriately. We do large office clearances or if you have purchased furniture with us and wish to have it delivered and installed, we can collect an old item of furniture and recycle it for a small additional fee. If you would like to enquire about our clearances all you need to do is photograph the furniture you wish to recycle, put them in an e-mail and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org , please also include your name, the company name, qty’s of furniture, the address of the furniture’s location and the time scale in which you need the furniture clearing by.
We will then review the photographs and reply to the e-mail expressing our interest, our availability both with timing and storage space and discuss the plausibility of removing the furniture.